IWD 2022 – #BreakTheBias
- Date: 7th of March 2022
- Time: 5:30pm Registration. 6.00 pm start
- Place: Bagung Magali Community Room, Bargoonga Nganjin, North Fitzroy Library
- Address: 182 St Georges Road, Fitzroy North
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women’s equality.
IWD has occurred for well over a century, with the first IWD gathering in 1911 supported by over a million people. Today, IWD belongs to all groups collectively everywhere. IWD is not country, group or organization specific.
IWD 2022 campaign theme: #BreakTheBias
Imagine a gender equal world.
A world free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination.
A world that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
A world where difference is valued and celebrated.
Together we can forge women’s equality.
Collectively we can all #BreakTheBias.
We’ve brought together some amazing speakers for our yearly event: Catalina Gonzalez, Anaab Rooble, Dr Ruwangi Fernando and Fabiola Campbell. They will be presenting their stories as migrant professionals in Australia, followed up afterwards with some time to meet and mingle over some snacks and drinks. The perfect opportunity to meet more migrant women from the community.
Everybody is welcome to join.
A selection of sandwiches, wraps and desserts, soft and alcoholic drinks will be provided by us.
Please understand that PMW Event is being filmed and photographed for public release and that you are agreeing to be captured by our media team.
*If you would not like to be captured in any filming of the event or photography please let us know upon arrival to the event.
COVIDSafe Event Information
Professional Migrant Women event guidelines are in place for this event.
We require guests to comply at all times with Department of Health regulations.
Attendance at this event means that you agree to:
- QR Code sign in and show proof of vaccination status
- If you cannot get vaccinated and have a medical certificate we ask that you provide us with the medical certificate as soon as possible so that we can discuss it with the venue
- Complete a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home
- Not come to the event if you are unwell, even with very mild symptoms
- Carry and wear a face mask with you when you leave home (unless you have a lawful reason not to)
- Maintain an appropriate distance from others where possible during the event
- Follow directions for face coverings and hygiene during the event
- If you become unwell while attending the event, you will immediately notify event organisers then leave the event and seek medical advice and testing.